You know the drill, something old, something borrowed, something blue, and the best one of them all? Something entirely new and entirely you!
Here is where you get to have the most fun when it comes to this timeless wedding tradition. The part where every girl gets to put her years of shopping skills to the test and step out on the town in hopes of finding that perfect “new” item for your wedding day. Now let’s be real, the options are endless here. But there are a few items in your wedding that deserve to be dazzling and shiny new.
Being a professional shopper of my own, I am constantly buying things that I probably don’t need (guilty as charged). But you? You need something new for your wedding. So whip out your notepad and pen ladies! Visions has some amazing ideas for you to keep in mind when you’re out shopping later.
For your something new and oh so fabulous…
1. A pair of Cinderella shoes: Because today, YOU are the princess. There is nothing that makes a girl feel more beautiful than a gorgeous pair of heels to make her outfit complete. Walking down the isle in glamorous shoes will be the perfect final touch to your already beautiful self.
2. Your new initials: What better way to break in your new last name than showing it off in a monogram? You can customize anything these days, so pick something that you feel needs a little something ‘extra’ and add your monogram. My personal favorite? Your veil! But monogram signs for your chairs at the reception, napkins, or even dance floor will be just as perfect.
3. A piece of jewelry: …because gosh darn it you deserve it! This is a splurge much needed. The jewelry you wear on your wedding day will always hold a very special spot in your jewelry box, so it has to be good.
4. Champagne Flutes: A new set of champagne glasses is a great purchase for two reasons. First off, you will be able to use them after your wedding, too. Like for all those big family holidays and dinner parties in your near future. And second of all, it will make for a picture perfect toast.
5. THE DRESS: Duh! The dress you choose to wear is a huge staple piece of your wedding. So what better way to spend your wedding budget than on a jaw dropping gown?
Happy shopping! We know that you will be the most beautiful bride ever, no matter what “something new” you choose. The most important part is that you have one more part of the tradition crossed off you list.