Does your girl dream of getting engaged under the Eiffel Tower? Try the newest trend in popping the question – a destination proposal!
Destination proposals are the best way to surprise your girlfriend in the most romantic way possible. Destination weddings are the classic way to declare your love thousands of miles from home, but its a far cry from a intimate rendezvous with just you and your beloved. A destination proposal is the perfect way to sweep your girlfriend off her feet and get the ultimate vacation of your dreams!
Photo via Rebecca Yale Photography
Destination proposals work one of two ways. Either you and your girlfriend have planned a trip already, or you have decided to make everything about the proposal a complete surprise, including the trip itself! Whether you’re making the most out of an already-booked vacation or she has no idea whatsoever, a destination proposal is the best way to go an extra mile with your proposal.
Here at Visions, we suggest you make the entire trip a surprise. Make sure she can take a few days off work, and tie up any loose ends (like getting your dog a sitter, etc). A few hours before the flight, tell her to pack her bags for a romantic getaway. Your destination should be tailored to her personality. Our dream destination proposal location? Paris, of course!
Paris is the city of lights and of love. What’s better than surprising your one and only with a trip to the most romantic city on Earth and popping the question?
Our take on the perfect Paris proposal:
- Take her shopping: Buy her the most incredible Parisian dress for the night. To keep the proposal a surprise, tell her its for dinner or for when you get back to the United States.
- Hire a photographer and videographer: This is a must! The resulting video and photos will forever hold that special day in your memory and in your heart. Read why you need a proposal photographer or videographer.
- Take her for dinner, and then for a stroll: Paris is the perfect strolling city, with beauty at every corner. An after-dinner walk is the perfect way to set the tone for your proposal.
- Drop to one knee in front of the Eiffel Tower: Talk about romance! With the Eiffel Tower sparkling in the background, propose after a night of absolute magic. Embrace your new fiancee as your proposal photographer captures every moment forever.
- Make a vacation out of it!: Enjoy your first days as an engaged couple! Visit Paris’s landmarks, like the Louvre, the Palace of Versailles and of course, the Eiffel Tower! Pick up some macrons from Ladureé before you head home, a once-in-a-lifetime trip with a once-in-a-lifetime woman.
A destination proposal is the surprise of a lifetime! Even if you’ve booked the trip together, she’ll be in complete awe when you drop to one knee. The memories made from the trip will last as long as your love for your new fiancée – forever!
Want to propose in the most romantic city in the world? Contact Visions, Chicago’s premiere luxury proposal planner!